Week 4 Review

asd
This week's highest steps belong to.....

 1. Los Mas Rapidos 23,988 (average per person)
2. Aubaw 21,057
3. Roaming Titans 20,314

 
Remember there will be a prize raffle for all those who leave a comment on the blog. Feel free to post a comment about your experience. Please include your FULL name in your blog post.

A few teams have expressed some frustration with the high numbers so I asked the teams who consistently reach high totals each week to explain how they are getting so many steps. Here are a few of their responses....

"I get earlier in the morning and go for ½ hour walk before I get ready for work, then I walk on my lunch hours and I also take an extra long route when I have to go to another office or even over to the cafeteria or bathroom. By the time I get home I have around 15,000 steps. Then once I get home my husband and I walk for ½ hour, sort of like a cool down from work and before we start dinner. After we eat and do whatever we need to do, like running errands or watching TV we will go for another ½ to hour walk – just depending on how we are feeling. We enjoy just walking and talking, it gives us a lot of time together without all the interruptions. We do this routine every day even in the rain and snow. You will see us out there under umbrella’s and bundled up with gloves, hats and heavy winter coats."

"5 of the people on our 10 member team already walked every day and are continuing. I know one person walks for an hour everyday beyond what she walks at work."


"Our team is pretty diverse (two spouses and 3 employees) so how each accrues their steps may be different per individual.  A couple of people have a job where they are walking back and forth between No and So Building to do their job related tasks.  A couple of people have appointments scheduled in the office – so they are walking back and forth between their office and the reception area throughout the day.  The employees always take the long walk to the cafeteria or the restroom – rather than the shortest distance.  We park farther away from the building.  We walk during our breaks, and we walk during our lunch. Several of our team members really love hiking and Frisbee Golf together, which is walking a lot, but you’re not even paying attention to it. I reduce the amount of driving I do, and try to walk to do my errands, like grocery shopping, going to the library or the post office.  We have stairs in our house, and we can easily put on a lot of steps by being forgetful, running up and down the stairs for a jacket, your purse, your keys etc.  Mowing the lawn, is walking back and forth – then fertilizing it, again walking back and forth down all the rows across the yard."


Email Marchintomay@slco.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Post Title : Week 4 Review

Week 4 Review,

0 comments

Post a Comment